Don't wait. Act.
Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars in Mauritius is actively recruiting for Manager position in the Audit and Assurance Service Line. The Audit Manager will lead multiple audit engagements, take responsibility for overseeing/developing junior staff and support the Senior Management team including Partners to develop and build the audit team and client offering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting and advising the client service management team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
- Technical expert for audit assignments, providing advice to audit team and client.
- Leading an audit team, ensuring the team complete in a timely manner within budget.
- Managing audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- People management – coaching, feedback, performance management, training and development, engaging high performing teams.
- Maintains control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Business development, including working with colleagues in other teams.
- Acts as a point of contact for both senior management and client.
- Delivering confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients.
- Ensures audit services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACA or ACCA qualified;
- Expertise in Accounting Frameworks (IFRS);
- Prior experience of working at an experienced Audit Assistant Manager or Manager level.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Good understanding of corporate governance, regulatory compliance, audit standards and accounting principles.
- Possess positive “can do” attitude to challenges and agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities.
- Promotes the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Experience of developing new initiatives and methodologies.
How to apply
Send us your CV at MRU.HR@mazars.mu or apply for the above job opening by completing the application form no later than 31 August 2023.
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of your story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too.
Mazars, the smart choice.
*Mazars in Mauritius reserves the right to call only suitable candidates.
21 June 2023