Don't wait. Act.
Mazars, the smart choice.
To support our expansion into internal audit service, we are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor at Mazars in Mauritius. In this function you will be responsible for providing internal audit service to clients.
You will be required to:
- Conduct regular audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations;
- Compile and issue reports detailing findings and providing recommendations for improvements;
- Review and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and proper application of accounting and financial controls, procedures and compliance controls, and the timely production of documentation;
- Undertake thorough investigation of issues raised by customers;
- Educate and train others on internal control and address specific training and development needs to fill control gaps;
- Verify compliance with the key control framework and relevant policies by conducting internal reviews and identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Perform risk based internal audits service to clients;
- Follow-up on agreed action plans;
- Understand International Internal audit methodology and ethical standards;
- Identify ways to develop future business opportunities and deliver added value and;
- Perform ad hoc audits and controls as requested by the management team and provide reports to management.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACA or ACCA or CIA qualified;
- Proven internal audit/financial audit capability with a minimum of 2 years relevant working experience in similar position;
- Good understanding of corporate governance, regulatory compliance, audit standards and accounting principles;
- Possess positive “can do” attitude to challenges and agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities;
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills;
- Promotes the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
How to apply
Send us your CV at MRU.HR@mazars.mu or apply for the above job opening by completing the application form no later than 31 August 2023.
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of your story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too.
Mazars, the smart choice.
*Mazars in Mauritius reserves the right to call only suitable candidates.
24 April 2023