Roomesh Ramchurn Partner
Roomesh Ramchurn is a Tax Partner with Mazars Mauritius. He is a fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants of UK and holds a Master in Business Administration specializing in Financial Management from the University of Mauritius. He also holds an Advanced Diploma in International Tax from the Chartered Institute of Taxation, UK. He is the treasurer of the International Fiscal Association of the Mauritius Branch.
He has more than 10 years of experience with the Revenue Authority and has extensive experience in the Mauritian taxation system working within the various revenue departments including Large taxpayer and Fiscal Investigation Departments. Prior to joining Mazars he was working with another big four firm.
He has participated and been involved in successful negotiations with the Revenue Authority on behalf of clients to reach settlements such as Microsoft, Total, Colas, Alchemy fund, Barclays Capital, WSP. He has also been involved in structuring investment using Mauritius into Africa and carried out various tax due diligence for potential investors.
- State Bank of India – Assisted in the preparation of the income tax computation.
- Le Meridian – Negotiated with Mauritius Revenue Authority to reach settlement of tax liability.
- CFAO group – Assisted in tax compliance and tax litigation services.
- SSG group – Tax advisory services for routing investment in India
- Adenia Fund – Advised on classification of entities under FATCA and the filing of the FATCA return.
•Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants in UK•MBA with Specialisation in Financial Management•Advanced Diploma in International Tax from the Chartered Institute of Taxation in UK